Home Page

North Baddesley Infant School

Growing together, learning for life


Dear Parents,

Weather and school opening

The weather forecast tomorrow is such that snow may fall, growing in severity around lunchtime. As with all forecasts the situation is changing constantly and there is a chance that the snow may move away from our area without significant implications. We plan to open as usual but may, if the weather becomes more severe, have to close during the day, possibly around lunchtime. If this is the case we will contact parents in the usual way, via text, email and put a notice on our school website and via Hampshire County Council school closures list. We would ask parents to get to us as soon as is possible in this event, with all children being supervised until parents are able to collect them. The large majority of our staff have some distance to travel and I do not want to compromise their safety.

After school clubs will not take place tomorrow or Friday to ensure that everyone can get home safely and in a timely manner.

Clearly if overnight the situation were to change and become such that we feel it necessary to close the school we would announce this in the way specified in the severe weather procedure attached.

The weather overnight on Thursday and into Friday may cause some disruption and we are also looking at the forecasts for this period of time closely. In the event of a closure we would of course re-arrange the relevant book week events.

Please ensure that, whilst children will be dressed as book characters tomorrow, they have plenty of layers, including thermals and boots suitable for walking in snow.

Making the decision to close is never an easy one but I felt it important to share our thinking with you at this time.

Please be assured that we are trying to align with other schools locally, some of which have already confirmed closures for tomorrow including Hiltingbury, Cupernham and Chandlers Ford.

Mrs C Lashmar