Social, Moral, Spiritual & Cultural Education
At North Baddesley Infant School, we recognise that the personal development of children, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally (SMSC), plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve. The promotion of SMSC development is important because it develops the whole child, equipping them with a moral compass and a positive set of values in order to thrive in a rapidly changing society. We therefore aim to provide a curriculum that provides children with opportunities to explore and develop:
- their own values and beliefs
- their own spiritual awareness
- their own high standards of personal behaviour
- a positive, caring attitude towards other people
- an understanding of their social and cultural traditions
- an appreciation of the diversity and richness of their cultures.
- an understanding of the British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
We believe in fostering life long learning through providing an environment that values mutual trust and respect, honesty and equality and seeks to develop everyone’s potential. We provide excellent learning opportunities for all and celebrate the successes of individuals and the whole community.
At North Baddesley Infant School we promote SMSC through a wide range of exciting, interactive and fun ways: